Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Long Trip

Mom and I took a long trip to see my grandparents and great-grandparents that live in Carthage. It was a fun time, but I'm glad to be home!
My friend Colson and I took our moms to a very cool pumpkin patch in Carl Junction. Colson ran all over the place in his neat squeaky shoes. Those shoes make me laugh! I had an ear infection, so my balance was a little off...not much walking for me!

We went on a hayride through the fields of pumpkins, mums and even strawberries!
On Sunday, we celebrated Great Grandpa Henry's birthday with a big bash. Lots of my family came that I've never even met! I like Great Grandpa and Grandma's House - there's lots of stuff for me to get into and break! Then I get to say my favorite words - "UH OH!" These words sum up most of my activities these days!
Dad joined us later in the week and took me to see the Budweiser Clydesdales. They were in town for the Maple Leaf Parade adn they were BIG!!
My new favorite park activity - SLIDING!
YEEEHAWWWW!!!!
Do it again, Dad!
After we went to the park, we ran into a little trouble... I tried to steal the hubcap off of a police car and then let the air out of the tire.
BUSTED!!! This officer (a.k.a. Grandpa Van) patted me down searching for mass weapons of stinky destruction. He also told me there was a warrant out for my arrest...something about prank 911 calls. (yes, for the record, I did dial 911. They told me since I couldn't tell them what my emergency was, they wouldn't help me. There was another prank call from a different location and they tried to pin that one on me too. I am getting a bad rap!)
After my altercation with the law, we went to George Washington Carver National Monument. I played in the interactive center, looking at all the animals and listening to their noises. Yep, that's me, walking without assistance to the display of animals.
I found out that my hand looks really cool when you put it underneath a microscope. Yeah, I was supposed to be checking out the bugs on display, but my hand was more fun.
Dad took me on a ride around the trail.
When you're up high, the wind really messes with your hair!
I also discovered playing on the trampoline! Bouncing is fun!
My first Maple Leaf Parade! It was a little long for my taste, especially since I didn't get a nap, but I did enjoy the big trucks, tractors. I was in awe when the bands came along and played.

We all had a good time! Thanks to all of our friends we got to play with and visit with!

No comments: